About the Book:
Going Forward: Downsizing, Moving and Settling In is a step-by-step guide to de-cluttering life and liberating the spirit.
It’s a survival guide on how to eliminate material goods whether there is a move in your immediate future or not. If there is, this book contains a multitude of useful and practical steps to accomplish this while retaining your sanity.
A physical move doesn’t have to be on the agenda in order to downsize. You might just want to have more space where you are now.
A journey to the future, without being encumbered by extra stuff can be spiritually uplifting. Knowing that you receive nourishment from your surroundings indicates you are on the right track.
Moreen Torpy is a practicing professional organizer who has not only downsized and moved herself several times, she has coached and assisted others to do the same. She writes from personal experience as well as from the perspective of her clients.
Most recently her move was into a condo from a house. The process was both surprising and difficult. Surprising to learn how much stuff she really had, and how difficult it was to let go of what needed to go.
Author of two previous books, Let’s Get Organized: 172 Tiplets to Simplify Life and Christmas Workbook: how to plan and create a more meaningful Christmas, Moreen lives in North Bay, Ontario, Canada, where she operates her business, De-Clutter Coach.
Suggested Interview Questions:
- What is Going Forward: Downsizing, Moving and Settling In about?
- Why did you decide to write it?
- Why bother downsizing at all?
- Do people have to move to downsize?
- Who should buy and read this book?
- Why would they be interested?
- What about Baby Boomers and the Sandwich Generation?
- How will they benefit from the information in your book?
- What do you want readers to take away from reading Going Forward: Downsizing, Moving and Settling In?
- What are the first steps to begin downsizing?
- When will Going Forward: Downsizing, Moving and Settling In be available?
- How can people get in touch with you?
Going Forward: Downsizing, Moving and Settling In in the Media:
|Summer is self-improvement time
Rhonda Byrne believes a little gratitude can go a long way. … Going Forward: Downsizing, Moving and Settling In (Balboa Press, 113 pages, $12.61).